Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Niemoller revisited

First they came for the black people's guns, and I didn't object because blacks are violent thugs who scare me.
Then they came for concealed carry, and I didn't object, because only criminals carry hidden weapons.
Then they came for the machine guns, and I didn't object because only government employees can be trusted with machine guns.
Then they came for the Saturday night specials,  and I didn't object because my guns are all high-quality and expensive.
Then they came for the assault weapons, and I didn't object because they look like scary military weapons.
Then they came for open carry, and I didn't object because someone told me "don't be a dick."
Then they came to register everyone's guns, and I didn't object because I'm not a criminal, so I don't have to worry.
Then they came for my family, and I effectively couldn't object, because by then they'd taken away my gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment